How is everyone doing? I thought I’d share some random stuff again.
*Have you ever wondered why some elderly people eat so much less than we do? Well, good for the older members of our society who do that, because after age 30, metabolism slows at a rate of about 5% per decade, and that rate accelerates as we age. Shucks! So, at age 70, that means your metabolism is at LEAST 20% slower. One more reason to exercise, and build muscle mass.
*Here's some suggestions for change that I read about recently:
- Instead of saying I should..., try I’d like to…
- Try mindful eating, instead of mindless eating.
- To Do lists are good, but also consider a Don’t Do list.
- Instead of saying you have to work out, say you get to do it.
- Say I don’t quit, not I can’t quit.