Saturday, July 23, 2011

Preparing for a Big Event

Hi Everyone,

Did you read my last post and try to start a 21 day chart to develop a new healthy habit, or to help you try to get rid of a bad habit?  I did.  Although there are many things I could attempt, I chose this goal:  To work on my book, I Am Awesome!, (a workbook on improving self esteem, geared towards middle school kids), at least one hour a day.  So far so good!  You'd think an hour a day would be a cinch, but not with my hyperactive hectic life.  However, my ultimate goal is to have this book finished by my (milestone) birthday, which is in mid-September, so I have a lot of pressure motivation right now.

Anyway, on to the topic of today's post, "Preparing for a Big Event."  I'm going to a wedding tonight, so that's a small scale big event, but nevertheless I've been preparing for it:  manicure, check!; pedicure, check!; just the right dress, check!  You get the drill.

I love having a big event looming out there on the horizon.  We all enjoy having something to look forward to, don't you think?  Now that I'm writing about it, I think it's time to schedule another cruise!  I've discovered something about preparing for big events:  sometimes it's more enjoyable preparing for an event than the level of gratification you get from the actual event!  Well, obviously there can be somewhat of a letdown after the excitement of getting ready for something.  So, enjoy the preparation!  The journey!

What are some things you do to prepare for a big event?  Besides what I have already mentioned, I like to: make sure I'm happy with hair style and color; figure out what jewelry goes with each outfit; use teeth-whitening strips; try to lose some weight; work out more often and at a higher intensity; make a countdown chart as time gets closer;  research places to travel/things to do, (if it's a trip); make a "To Do" list and prioritize daily. Heck, my list might even include that new luggage I've been wanting needing for a long time.

Well, I have another big event, besides today's wedding--a four day family reunion which starts tomorrow!  So, I shall close for now.  Don't you know?  I need to make a list!

Wishing you tons of energy and a positive outlook when working on your wellness goals, and in your day to day life!  And, hey, I hope you are now feeling motivated to plan a little trip, or a party, or something similar that you can look forward to and work towards. Enjoy!

Mary R.
 

No comments: