Saturday, January 21, 2012

Obstacles

Hi Everyone,

How is 2012 going for you so far?  If you made a resolution, or goal, it's time to check on yourself to see how it's going, and whether or not you want to revise it.  Remember the resolution I shared?  I said I would try to schedule an appointment with myself, at least one day a week, to work on my book.  Well.......  it's not happening quite that way, so I need to revise that goal.  Successful goals are specific and measurable.  

Some obstacles have gotten in my way.  Nothing bad, really.  I've just had to make a lot of adjustments lately.  Here's a visual that helps me.  Maybe you will find it helpful as well.  Are there obstacles that block the path you're trying to take?

I don't like scheduling things too far in advance.  Last week I traveled, and this week I had company. A flexible schedule works best for me, at this point.  So, here's my goal, now revised:  I will make a chart and color in every individual hour I spend researching and writing for the book, aiming for at least 8 hours a week.  That way, I can try to find moments here and there, if indeed I can't schedule a large block of time.  Some weeks will be easier than others, and I will eventually know what it's like to spend a good chunk of time at the library. 
Looks like today's post is mostly about me, and my goal, but I hope the lesson I've learned about being even more specific, and being willing to revise, will help you as well.  I like the path pictured below a lot better than the one pictured above, don't you?



I hope this finds you all well and happily moving forward towards any goals you might be working on. 

Mary R.

No comments: